Friday, November 6, 2009

I just don't understand

I've been looking to pick up a project bike. Nothing too fancy, just something to work on. I thought it'd be nice to have a spare bike for when I want to do things to Bronk that would require me to stay off it for a while. Plus it'd be cool to have a bike for friends to borrow while they're in town visiting me.
There are some really great deals to be had out there. I've seen some really cheap Honda CBs and Evo Sportys.
There are also some ridiculous people out there asking for way too much money for their old POS bikes. I saw on ebay a '81 CB 750 with a starting bid of $2,800. Are you kidding me? The seller acknowledges that the bike needs work and the paint has plenty of scratches. Not only that, from the pictures it's obvious that the bike has rust and is leaky as a mofo. $600? Sold! $2,800? No thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment